6 Tips for Choosing Decorative Fencing and Entry Doors for Home in Scottsdale, Phoenix & Paradise Valley AZ
When choosing decorative fencing or entry doors, you’ll need to consider several factors, including material, style and security needs. With such a wide array of options, it’s important to take your time making a decision, since fences and home entry doors (www.alliedgate.com/ironentrydoors/) can be expensive. As you choose fencing and entry doors, keep these six tips in mind.
1. Evaluate all your options. Fences and entry doors are available in a range of styles and at prices appropriate for any budget. A wrought iron fence is attractive and may increase curb appeal, while a high wooden fence may be best if you’re looking for privacy. When it comes to entry doors, a simple steel door may meet your needs, or you may prefer a more stylish custom-made wood or iron door. Fiberglass doors are generally low maintenance and can last for years. If going green is important, look for doors and fences made out of recycled or eco-friendly materials.
2. Choose fences and doors that fit with your home’s style. Fences and entry doors for home come in many varieties. If you’re having trouble deciding, look at magazines or catalogs to get ideas, or simply drive around and make note of any fences or doors that appeal to you. Consider purchasing custom-built fences and doors; going this route ensures that you’ll get exactly what you want and that your home will stand out from those around it.
3. Pick a sturdy, well-crafted door or fence. Doors and fences are a significant investment and need to be able to withstand the elements, whether that means high winds, brutal heat, or pounding rain. They also need to be able to handle normal wear and tear. A fence made of inexpensive wood may rot and need to be replaced sooner than a higher-quality alternative, like cedar. Vinyl fencing can mimic the look of wood and will last a long time. Wood entry doors may warp can crack, which is not a problem with materials like fiberglass and steel.
4. Look for fences and doors that provide security. When it comes to doors, steel, iron and solid wood are a good bet if security is a concern, while doors made out of wood composite may not provide the protection you’re looking for. Also, look for features such as peepholes on an entry door, which provide an extra layer of security. High fences with vertical rails are hard to climb and can keep unwanted visitors out.
5. Consider privacy. Depending on where you live, you may want to choose home decorative fencing (www.alliedgate.com/fencing/) that also provides privacy. A high-quality wood or vinyl privacy fence will allow you to use your backyard as an outdoor room. Privacy fencing is also a great choice if you have pets or small children, live near a major roadway, or need to block an unsightly view.
6. Check local regulations.Depending on where you live, there may be restrictions on the type of fence you can install, its height, and where it can be placed on your property. In addition, you’ll want to have your local utility companies mark the location of any water, gas or power lines before installation begins. Finally, make sure you know where your property begins and ends before you install a fence.
Allied Gate manufactures decorative fencing and entry doors for homes in Scottsdale, Paradise Valley, and across the Metro Phoenix area. To learn more, call 480-516-0275 or visit www.alliedgate.com today.