What some fencing companies won’t tell you about how automatic electric gates work.
You may have a lot of options when it comes to buying electric gates for your home or business. But before making a decision about which automatic gates are best for you, you need to be fully informed. Unfortunately, not all fencing companies will tell you everything you need to know about automatic gates. Below are some key things you need to know before you make a decision about which gates to buy.
1. Automatic gates should be professionally installed. Some fencing companies may tell you that you can install an automatic gate yourself. While this may technically be true, it’s usually better to go with a company that offers professional installation. This helps ensure that the gate functions properly and reduces the risk of future accidents.
2. Automatic gates can be dangerous. Automatic gates are attractive, and they offer convenience and security for property owners. But automatic gates can also be dangerous. If you are installing an automatic gate on your property, make sure you take proper safety precautions, such as choosing a gate with motion detectors and automatic release mechanisms.
3. There are different types of automatic gates. Swinging gates are among the most common type of automatic gate. But depending on your property and your specific needs, another type of gate may be a better option. For example, if your driveway is on a slope, a sliding gate may make more sense. For tight space, you may need a lift gate.
4. Security involves more than electric gates. Automatic gates are one way to secure your home or business, but they aren’t the only – or even the most important – thing you can do. In addition to gates, consider using security cameras, access codes, security doors and electric fences to help keep unwanted visitors off your property.
5. Not all existing gates can be automated. Some fence and gate companies may tell you that they can modify existing gates to be automatic. While some gates can be automated, others cannot. A gate company will not be able to confidently tell you if they can automate your existing gate unless they perform an in-person inspection.
6. Not every gate company offers a maintenance plan. At some point, your electric gates are likely to need maintenance or repair. Unfortunately, not all gate and fencing companies offer repair services. Look for companies that offer warranty protection and maintenance plans.
7. You may need permission to install an automatic gate. Before you install an automatic gate on your property, it’s critical that you make sure that you have permission to do so. It’s always best to check with the homeowners or business owners association review the deed of your property, and check with your local planning department, to make sure the gate is allowed before you invest time and money.
Allied Gate can help you choose the best security gate for your home or business in the Phoenix Metro Area.
Please call us, if you have any questions or concerns, at 480-516-0275 or visit our website at http://www.alliedgate.com